We’re looking for top talent to join the Satelles team. If you want to work with smart, passionate and hard-working people who are on a mission to protect our critical assets from cyberattacks, contact us!
Please submit your resume for review at firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Embedded Software Engineer for Software Definable Radios (Redwood City, CA or Reston, VA)
Senior Embedded Software Engineer (Embedded Software Developer for Software Definable Radio systems)
Job Opportunity Summary
Satelles is seeking an experienced embedded software engineer to join the team developing state-of-the-art user equipment for the company’s satellite-based position, navigation, and timing (PNT) solutions. The selected candidate will design, develop, modify, enhance and implement real-time firmware for digital signal processing on ARM and DSP platforms.
This position is ideal for a hands-on embedded software engineer who is seeking an opportunity to develop new systems based on a unique and patented space-based technology.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work with an internal development team and with commercial partners to implement the company’s flagship Satellite Time and Location (STL) solution on new platforms
- Codes, tests, and debugs new firmware and makes enhancements to existing firmware
- Codes and performs unit and integration testing of firmware to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements
- Collaborates with internal customers and technical peers to solve complex software problems
- Influences system design by identifying and recommending design and requirements needs for future enhancements
- Follows established configuration/change control processes
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Strong ability to develop, implement, and troubleshoot advanced real-time digital signal processing solutons on embedded systems platforms with ARM and DSP processor components.
- Demonstrated competency with embedded software development environment and tools for real-time embedded operating systems (RTOS), such as VxWorks
- Demonstrated understanding of embedded system architectures
- Experience with digital radio systems such as GPS/GNSS or software definable radios
- Key DSP techniques include code correlation, FFT, and phase-locked-loops
- Ability to debug both sides of the Hardware/CPU interface, using C/C++, to optimize performance
- Familiarity with common RF/HW/FW/SW tools such as oscilloscope, logic analyzer, signal generator, spectrum analyzer, Chipscope, GDB etc.
- Other important skills for this position include simulation and debugging with Matlab/Octave and C++, and the ability to develop in a Linux environment
- Ability to work seamlessly within a team as well as manage individual tasks
- Proven ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and delivering projects on time with minimal direction
- Ability to listen and evaluate all opinions without bias, and contribute to a common culture of excellence
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position due to government contract.
Technologies and Tools
- ARM, DSP, C++, RTOS, Linux development environment
- Skills with Matlab/Octave, Python, verification or test automation tools are a plus
- Experience with RF/hardware design and debugging is a plus
Education and Work Experience
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field, with 10+ years of related work experience.
Office Environment – This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Satelles provides secure time and location signals from low Earth orbit (LEO) independent of the Global Positioning System (GPS) and other Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS). Satelles created its Satellite Time and Location (STL) service for the purpose of safeguarding against devastating attacks to GPS/GNSS capable of disrupting or disabling electrical grids, wireless communications networks, financial systems, and other private and public infrastructure in ways that seriously imperil the safety and security of our society.
Available anywhere on the planet, the STL service delivers assured positioning, navigation, and timing (PNT) via a secure satellite broadcast signal that is stronger and more secure than other solutions. The company offers assured PNT at levels of stability, reliability, and trust required by commercial enterprises and government entities across a range of critical infrastructure, IoT, and cybersecurity applications.
Satelles is an equal opportunity employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is the Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Satelles is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different.